Oh Snap!

Please turnoff your ad blocking mode for viewing your site content

Home / Law / Filing a Temporary Protective Order

Filing a Temporary Protective Order


When people get divorced, they are not the best of friends. In fact, too often one or both parties want nothing more than the opportunity to make the other’s life miserable.

This is accomplished in a number of ways. Some people are content to empty their money accounts. Others take pleasure in destroying property. There is little that the police can do because in both cases the property is owned by both members of the couple and you can do whatever you want with your belongings.

Property damage is serious and can have long-term financial implications. It is even worse when one of the partners becomes aggressive and dangerous. This type of bullying can be anything from tagging a car to hitting your ex. Sending abusive texts, calling at night, and starting an old engine near an ex’s house at 3 a.m. they are other creative and offensive ways of being annoying and immature.

If you are concerned about what your ex might do to your property, you should ask the court to issue a so-called protection order Singapore harassment. This order prohibits your ex from doing anything to reduce the value of the family property. This means that she cannot damage her belongings or spend all the money in her checking account without going to court.

If she believes that her spouse has violated a restraining order, she must show that she did what the court told her not to do. The best way to do this is to take pictures of what she has and keep the prints in a safe place. You can also get activity logs on any of her bank accounts to show the court that the money was seized that she should have been there. Whatever you do, try not to leave the marital home or apartment without checking everything of value in case you need to prove it later.

If your ex is aggressive, you need to be more careful. Furniture and appliances may be good, but they aren’t very comfortable when your bones are broken or worse, killed. If your spouse has been rude to you in the past, contact your district attorney as soon as possible. The people there should be able to help you get an order of protection from your spouse, which will entitle you to police protection if she calls or shows up at her door.

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google+
  • Linkedin
  • Pinterest

Vestibulum nec placerat orci. Mauris vehicula

Vestibulum nec placerat orci. Mauris vehicula,Vestibulum nec placerat orci. Mauris vehicula

It is main inner container footer text