One may own an unoccupied home for a number of reasons. No matter what the reasons are, you can now have the peace of mind while shifting to somewhere else leaving your home unoccupied. Since, the normal homeowners insurance policy does not usually cover when a home is unoccupied, many homeowners think that they would be deprived of the protection that their unoccupied home deserves. But, with vacant home insurance you can leave your home for any length of time without having to worry about its safety.
Can you get insurance for an unoccupied house?
This is a question that homeowners have on their minds. Yes, there are vacant home insurances that are designed specifically for vacant or unoccupied homes. Now, the next thing that comes in mind is the cost of coverage. This article would help you get an idea about the cost of coverage for vacant home insurance.
Cost of vacant home insurance:
The cost of vacant home insurance depends on various factors. Basically, it depends on the different scenarios in which the home is left unoccupied. Let us have a look at a few such scenarios.
- Ancestral home: There are cases where a house is inherited and the person already owns another home. In such cases, the inherited is left unoccupied.
- Medical treatment: If you are away from your home for an extended period of time due to medical treatment, your insurance cover might differ accordingly.
- Renovation: There are times when you have to move out of your home due to the renovation works being carried out there.
- Renting and selling: If you are planning to rent or sell your home. It may require you to move out of the house during cleaning, repairing and advertising works.
- Vacation/trips: If you are extending your vacation trips for a couple of months, the home is left unoccupied.
All these scenarios have their own cost for vacant home insurance. It is thus, very difficult to estimate what exactly will be the cost for your vacant home insurance. The best way to figure out the cost is by simply getting a quote. But it is always good to estimate 50-60% more than what you pay for your normal homeowners policy.
So, the answer to the question, “Can you get insurance for an unoccupied house?” is very simple. It is, “Yes, you can!” Insure your vacant home now.
Vestibulum nec placerat orci. Mauris vehicula
Vestibulum nec placerat orci. Mauris vehicula,Vestibulum nec placerat orci. Mauris vehicula