Parmesan cheese is one of the oldest and most popular variants of cheese known to mankind. Parmesan cheese was initially discovered in the European plains but it was the Americans who pushed it into the limelight in contemporary culture. Parmesan cheese can trace back its roots back to 900 years ago when it was accidentally discovered by a monk who had stumbled upon the curd sitting on a ledge fermenting. In the 1300s and 1400s Parmesan was a monopoly and trade was restricted just to Italy which was the sole region where it was sold till the 1700s.
What are some top recipes for which Parmesan cheese can be used?
- Parmesan cheese is great when it is used as an ingredient in the sauces for a wide variety of roast chicken dishes.
- Parmesan cheese is also a common additive in pasta and other Italian dishes where it is either used as an ingredient in the sauce or added as a garnishing.
- All garlic bread lovers will identify the cheese being one of the top three ingredients used to make the dish.
- Parmesan cheese is also used as a topping for many dishes that use bread.
- When baking lasagna parmesan cheese is also added in layers to add moisture and flavor between the layers.
- Parmesan cheese can also be grated on top of are sliced into cubes and added to a wide variety of salads.
- The cheese can also be used for a wide variety of vegetarian dishes, mostly acting as an ingredient for the stuffing.
- It may sound odd, but the cheese complements seafood perfectly as well. Its slightly sour aftertaste goes perfectly with the briny taste of seafood.
- Perhaps one of its most popular uses, the cheese is also used as a topping for pizzas.
If you are planning on buying parmesan cheese singapore to add it to your dishes, note that there are a lot of ways where you can purchase it. The cheese is available at most supermarkets in the dairy aisle. One can also get them from several online grocery sellers. Apart from this some dairy and small produce shops might sell the cheese as well. Not only does the cheese add a much-needed boost of flavor into dishes, but it is also quite good for the body as it is chock full of calcium and minerals.
Vestibulum nec placerat orci. Mauris vehicula
Vestibulum nec placerat orci. Mauris vehicula,Vestibulum nec placerat orci. Mauris vehicula