The technique of interpreting or translating speech from one language to another while the speech is still in progress is known as “simultaneous interpretation.” Historically, this has entailed the acquisition and distribution of wireless receivers and headsets, as well as soundproof booths for interpreters. When you add “remote” to this equation, you get Remote Simultaneous Interpretation (RSI): the premium solution to make any size conference accessible to a multilingual audience.
How does it work?
A presenter speaks in a single language. Their voice and picture are broadcast live to a distant translator, usually via a web browser on a laptop or desktop computer. Interpreter(s) on their gadget, an interpreter hears and sees the speaker. They convert the speaker’s words into another language in real-time by using a high-quality headset and microphone. The interpreter’s voice is streamed to a cloud-based Remote Simultaneous Interpretation platform through their laptop or desktop computer via the RSI Platform. A good internet connection is vital! Attendees and/or delegates can connect to the RSI platform via a computer or mobile device, seeing and hearing the speaker in their preferred language.
- Press conferences and meetings must frequently be scheduled on short notice. With RSI, you can provide several languages to your audience at any time and from any location, using either traditional receivers or participants’ own smart devices. RSI also makes it easier to find uncommon language interpreters.
- Without the need to arrange flights and lodging for professional interpreters, event organisers can focus on what is most important: booking the best competent interpreters for their event.
- The days of costly on-site interpreting equipment are over. Participants in RSI follow the “Bring Your Own Device” guideline and listen in their language.
- More ecologically beneficial because interpreters don’t have to travel large distances to give their services, the carbon footprint of multilingual meetings and events is reduced.
- Remote Simultaneous Interpretation eliminates the need for soundproof interpreting booths, allowing important venue space to be freed up.
- Thanks to RSI, events in remote areas such as isolated islands, resorts, and mountains may now be handled by world-class interpreters. Event organisers can even provide “remote attendance” to people who are unable to attend in person if desired.
- Remote Simultaneous Interpretation is capable of delivering full bandwidth (20Hz – 20kHz) sound with extremely low latency—along with high-quality video and lip-sync—despite not depending on expensive equipment such as IR and radio transmitters.
Their language, via their technology, provides a frictionless experience. There’s no need to wait in line for a headset.
Vestibulum nec placerat orci. Mauris vehicula
Vestibulum nec placerat orci. Mauris vehicula,Vestibulum nec placerat orci. Mauris vehicula